Monday, February 27, 2012

Closing tabs

John Jeremiah Sullivan tires of his voice.  (Via Elif Batuman.)

Anthony Sampson's archive: the corridors of power....  (Courtesy of I.H.D.)

I went to the memorial service for my friend Carey yesterday and am still feeling discombobulated, with a very busy week ahead.  Haven't had much time for light reading, but did enjoy Seanan McGuire's latest October Daye book (it is very good, she has really upped her game with each entry into the series) and also devoured, helplessly, Edward St. Aubyn's Patrick Melrose novels (you can get the quartet in a book or a bundle).

If I can make it through the next week and a half, it's spring break and I get a respite and time to work on novel revisions, but this week is looking mighty daunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment